Lisle left her work and looked up. Her daughter was bouncing and bounding through the room. “Snow! Snow! Can we go out mum? Oh, please! Pleasepleaseplease.”
“Well, I don’t know.” Lisle feigned a sigh, there was still so much to do. She looked regretfully at her work, then at her hyperactive daughter.
“But mu-hum, it’s snowing, we have to get out.” Lillian expressed such innocent delight with the meteorological phenomenon that Lisle gave in. Work can always wait. Snow can’t, snow disappears.
“All right, get your coat on.” She said with a smile.
“Yay!” Lillian ran off to get her coat and Lisle got up and looked at the window. Snow was indeed beautiful and she wondered if she remembered how to make snow angels.
It feel silly to celebrate on my own, but I've kept myself secluded for I have my exam on monday which I'm absolutely terrified of, haha.
However I did just return inside. Even though I had to decline five invites, I still have to carry out a bit of a new years ritual. So I set up a few candles outside. Planned out the wind directions from my house, and wrote down a note of things I'd like to change for the next year. And burned it. Then I just stood and remembered my grandfather for a bit, and all the things that have happened last year. So much has changed, including me. Then I blew out the candles, (except for the one facing west, to guide spirits back home) and went back inside, and turned on my computer after a day of studying.
On Samhain it's believed that the border between our world and the spirit world is very thin and limited. The world ceases to exits for a moment of time, and is reborn again. I'm not that of a believing person, however it does signify change and remembrance for me, and I mainly do these kind of rituals because... well, it feels right, I derive a personal sense of calmth from it.
Anyways happy new year to you all, or happy halloween. However you choose or choose not to celebrate it.
Whish me luck coming monday and thursday. Exam time!
- Current Music:Miranda sex Garden- Exit music (for a film)
ginnyvos Gave me an "R"
Rules: Comment and I'll give you a letter.
Then you have to list ten things you LOVE that begin with that letter.
Afterward, post this in your journal and give out some letters of your own.
1. Reading, as a kid I'd drown myself in books, now university requires me to focus on studying, so reading for entertainment is definitely less, however when I find the time and rest. I love it.
2. Reason and Rumination, truly one can prove anything with rationalistic thinking and reason. Even the most absurd things. Even though I pretend to be insane at times, I still love conversational partners with a steady and quick mind.
3. Rapalje, a Dutch folk band, and I'm on a wee bit of a Rapalje high at the moment. I really look forward to seeing them on the 22nd
4. Rilo Kiley, Rasputina, Rammstein, if we're on music anyways... :P
5. Red hair, I dye my hair red very regularly. I've had id mahony red, wine red, ruby red, and now it's red dyed by henna. It's so lovely fiery.
6. Rythm. As a dancer rythm is vital, I can find different pulses and rythms everywhere, and you'll often find me tapping along thins. I also hear rythms in nonmusical things.
7. Rainbows, I just like the phenomenon, the rain and sun combined, the pretty colours, It usually occurs after rain and then the air is so fresh, and yay.
8. Roleplay, you knew it was going to come. I love getting involved in a character, sadly I don't find much motivation to do it much lately. But still I love delving into somebody elses mind. The same way I loved acting.
9. Ravens, just to proove how gothic and alternative I am. Well secretly I just like birds in general, but they're so wonderful for concocting in my head. Magpies are generally a source of worries, the "one for sorrow, two for joy" drill. Yay for Irish supersticion. Also because of Edgar Alan poe and the Omnia references.
10. References. Heh I love silly obscure references to stories, literaturre, movies, songs etc.
- One for sorrow
- Two for joy
- Three for a girl
- Four for a boy
- Five for silver
- Six for gold
- Seven for a secret, never to be told
- Eight for a wish
- Nine for a kiss
- Ten for a bird you must not miss
So anyone wants to dance a Mazurka with me? I've been dying for one ever since last dance.
- Current Music:Gonnagles- Muzarka et deux.
- I'm still alive, apparently. Which is good I suppose, as I rather enjoy life.
- Though I am busy, if it's not trying to conduct my social life into rather manageable segments then it's university. If it's not university it's having a social life. This means no art and no writing. I don't miss it really.
- My life has been a soap. I shall spare you the details, but as Ginny will agree with our rp's are less dramatic. And really it just keeps continuing. Somewhere it only gets funnier.
- I bought new poi today. Hitting yourself on the nose with them is painful. But I can twirl around with them now.
- My latest drink addiction is anise milk, but if anyone is willing to offer me mead or another pleasant beverage I shan't say no.
- I do not like it when strangers feel me up. So fuck off bastards.
- Psychopathology is meant to make everyone who studies psychology a hypochondriac. Just sayin'.
- I have a cup which repeatedly says "I'm a genius, I'm a genius" I call it my self esteem cup, and it works so hush you.
- Balfolk is totally awesome. I am still hyper about it. Like bouncing, bounding hyper.
"I'm not paranoid, it's just meant perfectly well, and I'm not suspecting anything."
"No your not paranoid for the voices in year head" *smirk*
"No, not for the voices in my head."
"Nor for the people following you."
"Oh but they are, but that isn't paranoia, because I know there are voices in my head who tell me horrible thing, and I know I'm being constantly watched and followed. That's not being paranoid, it's a fact that secret agents, are following, but they're disguised as aliens who are disguised as my best friends. And I know they are constantly ewatching me. In fact it's a big consiparacy. People are watching me as if I'm a guineapig and recording my life. Everybody is an actor, you are an actors, but that's a fact and not me being paranoid."
"That movie was actually made to get me off track, making it look rediculous so I wouldn't be suspicious anymore, but I found them out."
"1984 was a big mistake then."
"Oh yes, that was, it was their only real slip up, made me get how they did it, but then again, good literature is a good excuse, but it wasn't written in 1949, but only a couple of years ago, but that is not paranoid, I'm not scared anymore, that is just an accepted fact. It's all a huge conspiracy all surrounding me. However I might be a little paranoid that that text was meant sarcastic."
Partially a recollection of a true conversation, mostly me filling it in.
- Current Music:Emilie Autumn- second hand faith